The production intern will assist the staff in every aspect of the Company’s production process. Areas of emphasis include production stage management, production management including bookings and organization of all technical elements including sound, lighting, scenery, and special effect, as well as minor experience with some company management responsibilities. Duties will be assigned based upon the needs of the company while specific requests can be accommodated.
Production Internship Objectives:
- To enhance production skills in the areas of stage management, lighting, and sound design.
- To increase experience balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines, including personnel organization, equipment management, and inventory.
- To increase knowledge of lighting and sound equipment and software through hands-on experience with cutting edge technical equipment, including projection and video.
- The Production Intern will stage manage all Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company performances for the season. Duties may include calling all lighting, sound and video cues for each show, scheduling production crew, dancers and artistic staff in consultation with the Company Production Manager and Artistic Director, and troubleshooting during performances.
- In addition, the production intern will work with the Lighting Designer to set, record and maintain the integrity of lighting cues for each production. Opportunities to assist the Lighting Designer in the development of light plots and equipment selection are also available.
- Opportunities to work with sound design and sound equipment to set and maintain sound levels for performance.
- This intern will be required to assist in set-up and strike of theater, including arranging dressing rooms, coordinating artists, and working with other technical staff of the theater to ensure audience satisfaction.
- Further production responsibilities include general office duties, research for props and scenery, providing rehearsal support, and assisting with budgeting.
- Candidates with some knowledge of theatre production and some stage management experience are preferred.
- Candidates should have some basic knowledge of theatre lighting and electrics.
- Must be willing to work on periodic weekend performances and attend corresponding rehearsals for 2010-2011 season.
- Must be available to work 10 hours/week in addition to performance weekends.
- Must have an interest in production work for dance.
Send letter of intent and resume to:
Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company
4607 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20011
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience the Movement!