Social Media Internship
Social Media Intern
The social media intern will assist in the social media strategy of the company.
Possible duties and responsibilities for the social media intern could include the following, depending on intern’s skills and interests:
- Research, development and implementation of social media strategy to improve Dakshina’s strong social media presence
- Content research for social media
- Assist with Facebook content management and presence
- Assist with Facebook promotions and Google ads
- Research local and university calendars and organizations to update with our events
- Assist with developing language for Dakshina’s marketing purposes
- Other duties as assigned
The focus for the first half of the internship will be on creating interest in our upcoming Fall Festival of Indian Arts. After the concert, the internship will focus on developing a sustainable and active social media strategy and creating a library of resources to support the maintenance of this strategy. Additionally, the social media intern may be asked to contribute to updating Dakshina’s contact databases.
- Enhance understanding of social media marketing strategies
- Increase experience balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience audience cultivation techniques and database management
- Research new methods of improving artists’ marketing strategies
The applicant should be comfortable with social media and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, applicants must be proficient in working with spreadsheets and databases. Interest/experience in dance and/or other arts strongly preferred.
- Must be available to work 10 hours/week
- Must have an interest and/or experience in the Washington DC area arts community
- Be able to work individually under minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate status and problems clearly and be able to effectively communicate and work within a team environment
Send letter of intent and resume to:
Liz Saluke, General Manager
Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company
We look forward to hearing from you!