The website intern will assist in the redesign and creation of templates to manage the website. Particular interest in students who have Flash experience and video for web experience.
The Web Design intern will be involved in all aspects of the development and maintenance, including content review, graphics development, HTML coding, and database creation, of Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company’s website www.dakshina.org. They will learn how content is acquired, developed, edited, formatted for the Web, launched and promoted. Interns will be responsible for creating and updating pages and graphics using current web design software such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash.
- To enhance web design and programming skills through the daily use of Dreamweaver, Fireworks/Photoshop, and Flash (if applicable)
- To increase experience balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- To increase knowledge of web-development software and applications
- Coordinate workflow operations with the Content Manager and other departments to update and maintain current (and create new) Dakshina web pages
- Regularly look for new and innovative ways to improve the website and communicate those ideas to staff members
- Research, gather, and develop content for the website including graphics, HTML, Flash, and text
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work projects through from concept to completion
- Must be available to work 10 hours/ week
- Must be competent in using the following software programs and languages and knowledgeable about their standard practices: HTML, Microsoft Office, Macromedia Dreamweaver, and Fireworks or Photoshop
- Must be able to communicate status and problems clearly and be able to effectively communicate and work within a team environment
The applicant should have, or be working toward, a degree or equivalent education with specific emphasis on web design. Candidate must provide URLs or a portfolio that demonstrates ability.
Send letter of intent and resume to:
Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company
4607 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20011
Or email to: email@example.com
Experience the Movement!