Volunteer with us
Volunteers are the backbone of Dakshina. We couldn’t offer the many programs we are able to provide to the community without the help of volunteers. Volunteers do a variety of things. Some volunteers have direct contact with people by working on Dakshina’s many outreach and marketing projects. Other volunteers work in a more indirect capacity such as assisting in the office or fundraising. Most of our volunteers are people who have a strong passion for the arts, are artists or used to be artists. Now, they choose to give back by reaching out to others.
As a Dakshina volunteer you will get an opportunity to meet some wonderful people, help us with cutting-edge programs and develop strong project management and non-profit experience. But most importantly, you, the volunteer, share your love, talent, time and energy to help Dakshina provide the best in dance and the arts to the DC Metro area. You are the dance! Complete Dakshina’s online volunteer profile today.
Requirements for Participation
The Dakshina volunteer program welcomes all individuals who meet the following requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. Our ideal volunteer wish list is as follows:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be independent and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to commit to working with the Company on an ongoing basis.
- Must be willing to attend and complete all aspects of the orientation/training cycle.
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of two four-hour shift of service per month, preferably on Tuesday nights. Other nights may be possible.
Volunteers receive the following benefits after completing a three-month transition period:
- Invitations to open rehearsals and opportunities to meet world renowned artists in intimate settings.
- Discounted/Free tickets as available for our performances.
- Meet other like minded arts lovers in the DC metro area.
Complete Dakshina’s online volunteer profile today.